Posted Nov 8 2018
Job Title: Production Manager- PVCu Windows
Location: West of Scotland
About Blairs Windows:
Blairs Windows are part of The Saveheat Group which is the formation of 4 manufacturing companies under the one brand based in Greenock, Glasgow and Dalgety Bay in Fife. Supplying Glazing Systems to the Trade, Commercial, Architectural, New-Build Markets. As part of our expansion we will be manufacturing PVCu in our Greenock factory to supplement our PVCu production in Fife.
We are recruiting for a Production Manager with experience in manufacturing PVC windows and general management capability to set up the new PVCu company in our 120,000sqft factory and handle the day to day running of the business.
The successful candidate should possess general management skills, have excellent communication skills across all levels, and be able to build up relationships with staff and customers, at all levels.
• Set up new PVCu manufacturing facility.
• Recruit new shop floor and office staff.
• Control of the company P&L.
• Agree with Sales and Operations Director the strategy of the business and the structure to support it.
• Set up and develop a manufacturing process system that will measure capacity planning, scheduling and batching and constantly review manufacturing methods and machine capabilities.
• Develop the shop floor production systems and maximise production output.
• Set up a clear and visible purchasing system, working with stock control, suppliers etc so that we are able to meet all delivery deadlines.
• PVCu manufacturing experience
• Management experience
• Track record of managing successfully
• IT and Financial knowledge
• Driving Licence
What we offer:
• Competitive salary, depending on experience
• 20 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
• Mobile Phone
• Business Mileage Allowance
• Relocation Allowance
Please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org